ACT provides individualized, evidence based therapy for children, youth and young adults on the autism spectrum. We are committed to a multidisciplinary approach and our practices are centred on positive engagement with the clients we service and their families.
We are seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and qualified individuals to join our team in the position of Instructor Therapists (ITs). ITs work on a one to one basis with the children and youth in our intervention programs. Intervention/therapy takes places in the child/youth’s home or in our centre.
- Providing therapy to children with autism on a one-on-one basis, according to programs designed by the treatment team under the supervision of a supervising therapist or BCBA. This involves teaching children skills across many domains such as: communication, language, play, social, motor, developmental and academic skills
- Collecting and recording data
- Maintaining client binders
- Completing weekly activity reports
- Participating in team meetings
- Background in autism intervention and/or a related field (early-childhood education, communicative disorders, psychology)
- Experience working with children/youth
- Valid police records check and First Aid/CPR certificate (ACT regularly runs First Aid/CPR certification for staff)
- Computer literacy
Other Job Requirements:
- Good problem solving abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal with diverse groups
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Use of a vehicle and the willingness to travel within the Greater Ottawa area is required (Kanata to Orleans). There is compensation for mileage
While we appreciate all applications received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com