INTAKE & REGISTRATION CLERK
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
ACT Learning Centre is looking to hire a full-time, permanent Intake and Registration Clerk to join our growing, dynamic, multi-disciplinary and collaborative team. You will be the first point of contact for families seeking early intervention services for their children as well as working with families to assign and process new referrals and inquiries as well as conduct follow-ups with the utmost attention to customer service.
Reporting to the Manager of Central Intake, the Intake and Registration Clerk will be a vital member of the administrative team. In addition, you will be dealing with clients over the phone as well as email, making referrals, responding to general inquiries, connecting the client to the right service, and performing intakes from referrals. No matter what you’re engaged in doing, your focus will always be on providing quality client service as part of our exemplary delivery of care. Understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting families with children with disabilities will be considered an asset.
To be successful as an Intake and Registration Clerk, you should be highly organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task as well as having excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong aptitude for great customer service.
*** Fluency in French is considered an asset.
The salary range for this position is $49,998.00–$56,667.00 per year, in accordance with the successful candidate’s education and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for establishing a professional and supportive “first contact” for clients wanting to access services.
- Follow up with all referrals, tracking clients in internal tracking system
- Assisting clients with the registration and admissions process, which includes recording information and medical histories, conducting over the phone intake telephone calls and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Perform accurate, detailed data entry with notes capture and ensuring accuracy of all patient demographic information into our secure client registration portal (AlayaCare).
- Assisting with complex scheduling for clients via telephone and email.
- Providing professional correspondence, both written and electronic.
- Answering and directing incoming and outgoing telephone calls and emails.
- Scheduling all visits and ongoing service sessions to ensure that regulatory deadlines are met and staffing resources are optimized, as well as ensure appropriate assessments, clinician and clinic team members are identified.
- Keep up to date with protocols, procedures and workflows, and ensure correct procedures are met, depending on the type of intake or service.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of responsiveness in booking the first assessment and follow-ups.
- Provide continual feedback on process improvements
- Adheres to HIPAA and patient information privacy requirements.
- Provide backup support and coverage for Director of Operations as well as other administrative team members as required.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve outcomes and deadlines.
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Demonstrated highly developed communication skills
- Maintains professional ethics and discretion; protects sensitive and personal information.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong affinity for customer service.
- A proactive, solutions-oriented approach and the ability to navigate multiple systems and do multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat and quick adaptability to new processes and systems.
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting families with children with disabilities.
- Enthusiasm for working on a team and contributing to team results and success.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with administrative staff/peers to resolve problems, cooperate on tasks, or suggest changes to current practices and procedures
- Oral and written fluency in English is required
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong believer in transparency and teamwork.
- Some to minimal knowledge in Speech Language Pathology (SLP), Occupational Therapy (OT), ABA Therapy services as well as autism services is an asset but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role or post-secondary education and/or combination of experience, training and education in a relevant and similar role.
- All team members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination upon hire or provide a valid medical exemption.
- A successful Vulnerable Sector Screen.
- Bilingualism is an asset
All PPE is provided by ACT Learning Centre and COVID protocols are strictly adhered to. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 and its variants is a condition of hiring. Accommodation may be granted to those who have a legitimate medical exemption or other exemptions recognized under Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Official documentation must be provided as evidence of vaccination status or exemption.
ACT Learning Centre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
ACT Learning Centre complies with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WHY WORK AT ACT LEARNING CENTRE?
• Free on-site parking
• Casual Dress
• Paid time off
• Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits.
• Opportunities for remote / hybrid work
2713 Lancaster Road, Ottawa Ontario
Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30 pm, no weekends